I have found a great recipe for the Perfect Storm Cocktail. Very suited for cold days. It is an original recipe from Martha Stewart., but we have created it a little bit different. It is always nice to try different varieties to experience it a bit. I think, like with everything else, it is all personal. You can always adjust it to your taste if you like.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 of Ginger Beer
- 1/4 of Apple cider
- 2 parts of dark rum (we’ve prefered Zacapa rum)
- cinnamon stick or vanilla stick
- a little mist of Orange blossom flavour
- ice cubes
- start with filling the glass with some ice cubes
- poor in 2 parts of a good dark rum
- poor in the 1/4 of Apple cider
- poor in the 1/4 of Ginger Beer
- spray a little bit of orange flavour on top
- for decoration a cinnamon stick or vanilla bean (we have favoured the cinnamon stick as an extra flavour)
We made another one with cinnamon and we preferred that one. Another tip is to take a jar, fill it with rum, add a cinnamon stick and leave it in the fridge. Next time you want this cocktail add a splash from the jar into your cocktail. The fragrance is amazing and very tasty too!
I have these cute little atomisers from Hothouse.They came as a gift with a bottle of Hendricks Gin. I use them with different flavours like: rosewater and orange blossom to prep up my cocktails. Spray a little bit on top of your favourite cocktail and it really makes a difference.
For another great Christmas cocktail you may want to have a look here.
Cheers! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!